Anthisan 2% Cream after insect bite gel 25g
Anthisan Cream is an antihistamine with anti-pruritic that can help to get rid of itching and works as a local analgesic to numb the skin. This cream is ideal to use if you have itchiness or inflammation caused by insect bites, rashes caused by stinging nettles or sunburns.
For best results: Apply straight after being stung.
What Anthisan Cream is and what it is used for?
Anthisan Cream contains a medicine called mepyramine maleate. This belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It works by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction.
Anthisan Cream may be provided directly by a pharmacist for use in the following situation:
Pain, itching and inflammation caused by insect stings, bites and nettle rash
What you need to know before you use Anthisan Cream?
Do not use this medicine if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to mepyramine maleate or any of the other ingredients of Anthisan Cream (listed in Section 6 below)
The signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Do not apply the cream on:
- Extensively broken skin
Do not use this medicine if any of the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Anthisan Cream.
Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse for advice before using this medicine.
Driving and using machines
You may feel drowsy or sleepy while using this medicine. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
Anthisan Cream contains ceto-stearyl alcohol, castor oil and methyl hydroxybenzoate.
This medicine contains:
- Ceto-stearyl alcohol and castor oil. These may cause local skin reactions (such as "contact dermatitis" which may include the following symptoms: skin redness, swelling and itching, pain or burning sensation).
- Methyl hydroxybenzoate. This may cause an allergic reaction, possibly delayed. This reaction may happen some time after starting the medicine
How to use Anthisan Cream?
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor, pharmacist or nurse has told you. Check with your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if you are not sure.
Adults, Elderly and Children
The recommended dose is two or three times a day for up to three days:
- Apply the cream directly to the affected areas of skin
- Do not apply the cream on eczema and badly broken skin
- For best results, use as soon as possible after the bite or sting
- Repeated use of the cream for periods longer than a few days is not recommended
- If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after 3 days talk to your doctor or pharmacist
If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Anthisan Cream
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton flap or tube after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- Do not store above 30°C
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Contents of the pack and other information
What Anthisan Cream contains?
- Each 1g of cream contains 20mg of the active substance, mepyramine maleate
- The other ingredients are ceto-stearyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol 600 monostearate, castor oil, methyl hydroxybenzoate, foin coupe (fragrance), silicon antifoam and purified water
Sanofi Winthrop Industrie
196, Rue du Maréchal Juin
45200 Amilly, France
This leaflet does not contain all the information about your medicine. If you have any questions or are not sure about anything, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Before use, read the information on the package / attached to the package. They contain
indications, contraindications, data on side effects and dosage, as well as information on the use and storage of the product,
or consult your doctor or pharmacist, as each product if used improperly, is a threat to your life or health.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.